WARRANTY ON GABRIEL SHOCK ABSORBERS
- This warranty is expressed in lieu of All other warranties and representations express or implied.
- Gabriel SA warrants that All products supplied to its customers comply with the relevant industry quality standards.
- The Gabriel shock absorbers warranty is in accordance to the following schedule, subject to the specific restrictions and or warranty limitations which are detailed below.The Gabriel SA warranty covers All manufacturing defects, but does not cover normal deterioration of product through normal use. Gabriel SA warrants that the products manufactured and or distributed shall be free from defects in material and workmanship.Any product, in respect of which a manufacturing defect has been found, may be returned to Gabriel SA within its warranty period in order for it to be repaired or replaced or to have the purchase price of the product repaid, at Gabriel SA’s discretion. The replacement unit will be similarly warranted but only for the balance of the duration of the original warranty.
- Gabriel® shock absorbers used on passenger cars and light commercial vehicles (up to 1 000 kg load capacity), are warranted for a period of 36 (thirty-six) months from the date of purchase. This only applies in South Africa only. Botswana, Namibia, Swaziland and Lesotho. Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi and Mozambique have a warranty as per 3.2 below on All vehicle types. All other countries terms and conditions are available on enquiry.
- Gabriel® shock absorbers used on All other types of vehicles are warranted for a period of 12 (twelve) months from date of sale to user, or 20 000 km, whichever occurs first.
- Gabriel® gas-springs (Gabriel Gaslift®), both industrial and automotive are warranted for a period of 12 (twelve) months from date of sale to user.
- From time to time, Gabriel SA may run promotions or programs that strengthen the standard Gabriel Warranty Policy. In All circumstances, Gabriel SA will clearly state any changes to the Original Warranty in All of its communications. If a warranty is requested under the provisions of one of these programs or promotions, Gabriel SA will always ensure that it is processed in line with the specific terms and conditions stated.
CONSUMER PROTECTION ACT WARRANTIES
- In terms of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (CPA), in the event that a product supplied by Gabriel SA is unsuitable for its intended purpose, of poor quality, not in a good working order, defective, sub-standard or wears out before the reasonable service life of the product and the product is returned to Gabriel SA within six months after delivery of the product to the buyer, Gabriel SA will:
- Repair the product;
- Replace the product; or
- Refund the price of the product.
- In terms of the CPA, if Gabriel SA is directed to repair the product and within 3 months after that repair, that repair is ineffective or a further problem with the product is discovered, Gabriel SA will then replace the product or refund the price of the product.
- Gabriel SA will have the right not to provide the remedies set out above to the extent that the CPA does not oblige Gabriel SA to do so in the circumstances of a particular case.
GENERAL CONDITIONS, RESTRICTIONS AND LIMITATIONS
- The buyer of the product must make use of Gabriel SA’s returns policy and claims procedure, available directly from the company or any of its representatives. Except to the extent impermissible in terms of the CPA, no warranty claims will be approved by Gabriel SA unless these returns policy and claims procedures are followed.
- Notwithstanding the returns policy but subject to the CPA, Gabriel SA reserves the right to at any stage reject the return of goods, should it feel that the goods have been abused or that the goods have deteriorated through excessive use within the warranty period. Gabriel SA shall then have the option to return the rejected goods to the buyer.
- Gabriel SA shall not be liable for damages resulting from delays in shipment or inability to ship due to normal production and shipment delays or those resulting from acts of God, fires, floods, wars, sabotage, accidents, labour disputes or shortages, plant shutdown or equipment failure, voluntary or involuntary compliances with any law, order, rule or regulation of governmental agency or authority; or inability to obtain material (including power and fuel), equipment or transportation, or arising from any other contingency, circumstances or event beyond the control of Gabriel SA.
- All Gabriel products are fit for purpose for which they have been supplied. In the case of products listed in this catalogue, products should only be used on the vehicles described and under operating conditions appropriate to these vehicles. The warranty does not extend to vehicles with lowered or modified suspensions and only to goods where the user can prove that such goods became defective in normal and proper use.
- Except to the extent permissible in terms of the CPA, Gabriel SA will not be liable for any loss of profit or any consequential loss or damage, from whatever cause arising, including loss of any labour or fitment costs.
- The above warranty only applies within the warranty period and when proof of purchase can be verified. A copy of the customer’s original purchase invoice is required for All warranty claims. The customer’s details should be provided with the claim.
- Under no circumstances will warranty claims be entertained if the piston rod of the faulty unit has sustained any damage that appears to have been inflicted by tools
- The warranty will be void if bump rubbers are not used.