Have a look through our Gabriel Suspension Tester Machine Options:
Other useful information can be found on the “Equipment” page
Test report printout view:
Gabriel Suspension Tester Machine Options:
Testing time, Ease of Reporting, User and Consumer Interfaces were the three main drivers when developing a solution for local Market and after working closely with recognised fitment centres in South Africa, Gabriel South Africa believe that the solution offered has met all of these criteria.
Unlike many other machines, automated testing opposed to the old “bounce test” is the only true way to ensure that the frequency and displacement on a shock absorber is repeatedly achieved.
Analysing the shock absorbers response to its variable resonance frequency ensures that the results obtained are independent of other factors such as vehicle load. The Gabriel suspension tester offers this functionality through a quick and easy 3 minute test.
The complete machine test involves:
- Selecting the vehicle make, model and year from drop downs.
- Entering the Vehicle Registration, Kilometers and driver or owners details
- Driving the vehicles axle onto the test equipment, whereby the test begins automatically after a vehicle is detected and a time delay accounts for pressure on the tester. The testing is done axel by axel and the results of the shock absorbers effectiveness are displayed for each wheel. The graph of the operating characteristic curve for each wheel and the effectiveness limit of the shock absorbers are displayed.
- Moving the vehicle forward and placing the rear axle onto the same test equipment, where the test is repeated.
Once tested, the printed or screen based report displays a simple Green (Pass), Yellow (Suspect) or Red (Faulty) Coding. This should be used to define if a visual inspection should be performed on the shocks or suspension or not.
Local studies have shown that once a visual inspection concurs that either the Shock Absorbers or other Suspension Parts are faulty, the printed form can be used as a part of the sales process, to increase the likely hood of a product transaction taking place, alternatively used through its unique quotation system against part number as a quotation for the customer to consider later on.
All the data is stored within the testing machines software and many reports can be accessed directly or remotely.
“The Gabriel suspension tester is by far the most credible I have seen and the most user friendly. It proved without a doubt that we can increase shock sales by at least 20% and we will be rolling this out into branch network”
– George Kaffinas Fitment Centre Owner – Cape Town
“Since implementing the Gabriel suspension tester, we have seen a dramatic change in our business and also our approach to selling suspension products. The complete solution is by far the best we have ever seen (World Class) and it is like having a Gabriel technician onsite 24/7. The reports available not only allow me total visibility on vehicles and customers entering into my company, but also the specifically designed customer reports immediately assisted in my sales staff to sell more product when normally we would have not”
– Nazir Tayob Fitment Owner – Malas Lifestyle Centre, Pretoria